Friday, January 14, 2011

bakin' buns today

There is nothing that can replace that wonderful
smell of fresh baked buns!
This recipe is from a wonderful woman who I will
remember for the rest of my life. This amazing
recipe I now claim as my own but I must give credit
as due.

WARKENTINE BUNS
3 Cups of warm water
1/2 Cup of sugar
6 TBSP of oil (this is where I kindof did the magic
I always use bacon fat)
1 tsp of salt
2 TBSP of Fermipan Yeast (no subsitute)
2 Eggs beaten (important step)
7 - 9 Cups of flour

Combine first five ingredients, add eggs and flour. Put a little oil in hand and pat top of mixture. Let rise 15 minutes, then punch down, repeat 3 times on the fourth time make into buns. Let rise for one hour. Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 mins. Yeilds 4 dozen.

These really are the best! Give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment